Re: Two Professional Questions

Subject: Re: Two Professional Questions
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:48:46 -0700

I'm just going by the original question, as follows:

*2. I am on a contract job and using Word to document an application. My
manager has asked to outline the benefits of going with FrameMaker instead
of Word. I have a draft in Word and my idea is to show a mock up of a
FrameMaker document to visually display the quality difference.*
**
This does not state that the company is already a Framemaker proponent. It *
does* insinuate that her manager is looking for an alternative to Word, and
is (perhaps vaguely) aware of FM as an alternative. It does not state that
the company is already vested in FM.

Having seen this question all too many times before, I'm merely asking are
both Bobbi and her manager aware of alternatives other than FM? I am not
married to InDesign, per se, but know it to be a possible middle-of-the-road
fit for many organizations. Will FM has many powerful features, it's no walk
in the park.

Peace out.

> Chris

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/