Re: Question on acronym plural

Subject: Re: Question on acronym plural
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:04:55 -0700

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Heather Anderson
<Heather -dot- Anderson -at- cubrc -dot- org> wrote:
> Request for Service = RFS
>
> When talking about multiple, do I leave it as RFS or use RFS' ?
>
> Ie, certain RFS were used to create.... or Using a meaningful sample of RFS',

The stupid thing about the Engrish language is that the Service isn't
plural, the Request for it is.

So you culled together the results of several Requests for Service.
Not RFS', RFSs, RFSes, etc.

More accurately, you may have culled the results of several responses
to your company's RFS.

Cheers,
-Tony

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/