AW: Scrum sucks!

Subject: AW: Scrum sucks!
From: "Christine Leisgen" <Christine -dot- Leisgen -at- gmgcolor -dot- com>
To: "Kat Kuvinka" <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:23:15 +0200

Dear Kathee,

I am in pretty much the same situation.

* I am not attending any scrum meetings as I don't find them informative. I talk to developers directly. (Actually, after 10 years of experience in software dev, I am now quite good at getting the information I need... though it is still a lot of work, of course.)
* I am now involved in the UI design, this helps a lot in getting information on new features or changed UI.
* I make my own PBIs and cut down the documentation tasks so that I am able to get the work done.

It is working for me, but it is a lot of stress to work for so many projects in parallel. I need to readjust my own project plans a lot because other tasks have been shifted. Actually I would prefer more reliable schedules and more detailed specification documents, but that's not in my hands, of course.

Best regards, Christine