Re: best practices - Word 2007 building blocks & galleries ?

Subject: Re: best practices - Word 2007 building blocks & galleries ?
From: Paul Goble <pgcommunication -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:00:16 -0500

Monique Semp wrote:
> I'm investigating in depth how building blocks and galleries are used, and wonder if anyone
> has any Best Practices to recommend?

If you haven't done so already, read this:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm

This article is directed at Word 2010, but I think it applies to 2007 as well:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_office_word/archive/2007/02/20/deploying-building-blocks.aspx

Since I often create additional building blocks after a template has
been deployed, I usually distribute building blocks in a separate file
in %APPDATA%\Document Building Blocks, rather than in the template
file. Obviously, that won't work very well if the template is used by
numerous people.

Paul

--
Paul Goble
www.pgcommunication.com

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/