Re: Anyone have an idea?

Subject: Re: Anyone have an idea?
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 14:44:37 -0700

A certain English lady visited Switzerland and was having difficulty finding
a room, so she asked the local schoolmaster to help her. After a
satisfactory room had been found, she returned to her home and did some
packing.
Suddenly, it occured to her that she hadn't noticed a W.C. (in England, the
toilet is called a water closet), so she wrote the schoolmaster about it.
The schoolmaster, not knowing the meaning, asked the parish priest and
together they decided that it must mean "Wayside Chapel." He wrote her the
following letter:

*Dear Madame, *

*It is my pleasure to inform you that there is a W.C. just 9 miles from your
home, in the center of a grove of pine trees. It seats 229 people, and it is
open on Thursdays and Sundays. This is an unfortunate situation if you are
in the habit of going regularly. You will, no doubt, be glad to hear that
some people bring their lunches and make a day of it. *

*I would especially recommend Thursdays, for then there is an organ
accompaniment. The accoustics in the W.C. are excellent; even the most
delicate sound can be heard. *

*My son was married in the W.C. and there was such a rush for seats that 10
people had to sit in the same seat. The looks on their faces were very
interesting. *

*My wife is sickly but dedicated. She doesn't go regularly, and she hasn't
gone for nearly a year. *

*I will be glad to reserve a seat in the W.C. for you, where you will be
seen and heard by everyone. *

*Hoping I have been of some assistance. *

*Sincerely yours,
The Schoolmaster*

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/