RE: Best CD/DVD Labeling Method

Subject: RE: Best CD/DVD Labeling Method
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 06:42:35 -0400

If you intend to print directly onto a disc, you must use printable discs.
They're a bit more expensive than regular CD/DVDs, but not outrageously so.
I've used them to send out a catalog of prints to prospective buyers. Of
course, you need a printer capable of printing on discs and not all printers
have this feature. Both of my Epsons (R1800 and R1900) any my wife's office
printer (Epson R595) have this capability. The latter was less than $150, so
if you have a printer that can't do this, you can pick one up relatively
inexpensively.

Al Geist
Technical Communicator, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography
Office/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
Website: www.geistassociates.com
See Also:
Fine Art Photography
Website: www.geistarts.com

"...I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a pilgrim
without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold each
day." (Sy Safransky)

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/