Google maps problem

Subject: Google maps problem
From: Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:36:03 -0700 (PDT)

This has nothing to do with anything else I've seen here so let's change gears
for a bit.

I'm using Google maps to provide me with a driving route of several hundred
miles from Atlanta to Jacksonville (for an out-of-town conference I am attending
later this week).

The onscreen Google map route directions document looks great and includes both
the text directions (turn right, etc.) and thumbnail diagrams for each step.

But when I print that document (in this case, a 7-pager), pages 3 and 5 are
blank except for the header and footer text at the very top and bottom of each
page. (Headers correctly designate page 3 and page 5, and the footers include
the Google.maps web site URL and the very long string of various alpha-numeric
code for the rest of the document.)

But the "live area" of both those pages is blank.

I tried printing to two different color printers here at my office, thinking
maybe its a device memory-shortage problem, but the problem remains.

I also tried printing ONLY page 3 at each printer at still is the same (text and
footers but with nothing else on the page).

I also tried printing page 3 to a simple little black-and-white laser printer
here, but yep, same results.

I tried pdf'ing it and yep, same results (blank pages 3 and 5 except for headers
and footers).

Any ideas? PLEASE?

-- Kenpo in Atlanta

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29&#8211;Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/