Re: Mac vs PC users

Subject: Re: Mac vs PC users
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:09:58 -0700

And I respectfully disagree with you, Kevin. I have NEVER seen a software
user manual constructed in this manner.

Within the Windows OS alone, there are often three or more—sometimes up to
six—ways to do the same thing. Thankfully, they were not all documented in
the *Windows __ User Guide* or both Brian
Livingston<http://www.brianlivingston.com/>and I would have been
enaged in an entirely different profession through the
'90s.

On the contrary, the additional methods—all of which are *secondary* to any
menu-driven GUI—are there solely as a convenience for end users.

> Chris

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:11 AM, McLauchlan, Kevin <
Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com> wrote:

> I respectfully disagree.
>
> If the developers created multiple ways to accomplish various
> tasks WITHIN THE APPLICATION, then I must assume that there
> were reasons for doing that, and that the expense was
> justified.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/