RE: Internet Jukebox

Subject: RE: Internet Jukebox
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:41:52 -0400

I'm in the backwoods hinterlands - otherwise known as the Canadian
office of a US company - so.... :-)

Network _has_ been sluggish the past week-and-a bit... which
kinda coincides with the number of World-Cup soccer matches
I see in the corner of people's screens around the office.

As for me, I don't watch sports, and I haven't bothered with
a radio (small market, no station that plays what I might
want to hear all day), but I'm going to steer clear of any
kind of streaming media. I'd rather not be seen as part of
the problem when they crack down.

Now, if we'd just get some cellular provider competition
here, and an affordable price for a wide-open data connection,
I could do the internet radio thing with no conflict.

Or.... satellite? Anybody have satellite radio going all
day? Costs? I too would look for something musical
(therefore, not rap...), non-annoying, and not demanding
for my background. Baroque sounds like a possibility,
or classical guitar, or instrumental jazz (except the the
really austere, bleeding-edge stuff). If it has lyrics,
it's either too annnoying or too engaging, neither of which
is a good fit for work.

- K

<usual> The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
or disclosing it.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/