Re: Acrobat Not Following Word Page Breaks

Subject: Re: Acrobat Not Following Word Page Breaks
From: Michelle Despres <michelle -dot- despres -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:27:03 -0600

Thanks! I was using the Adobe plug-in for Word. Save As a pdf worked
perfectly.

I still wonder why, but at least I have a way to circumvent the issue.
Thanks again!

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Michelle Despres wrote:
>
> > I am using MS Word 2007 SP2 and Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended version
> 9.3.2
> > on XP Professional version 5.1.2600 SP 3.0.
> >
> > It might be more accurate to say that Adobe isn't following the margins,
> but
> > its leading to incorrect page breaks. Imagine that when Acrobat converts
> > the Word doc, it moves the text down half an inch, which causes the page
> > run over to the next page. It keeps the original page break, so I have a
> > page in my pdf with half an inch of text. It seems to be happening on
> > pages that start with a heading.
> >
> > These Word docs previously converted without an issue, and I am not sure
> > what's changed.
>
> What method are you using to generate the PDF? With the standard
> installation of Acrobat 9.x Professional and Word 2007, there are at least
> five different ways of producing a PDF, and not all of them work as well as
> the others. If you have not tried it, I would recommend trying the Save As >
> PDF or XPS command under the Office button. This method uses Word's built-in
> PDF generation capability rather than using any Adobe tool, and in our
> testing appeared to produce the most reliable, consistent results.
> -Fred Ridder

> The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
> Hotmail. Get busy.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4>

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -