Re: Levels of Job Responsibility

Subject: Re: Levels of Job Responsibility
From: cjcbrown -at- comcast -dot- net
To: Kevin McLauchlan <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:28:29 +0000 (UTC)

I would ask an HR person also. Don't they have access to job description databases nationwide?

Our company has been bought byÂ3 companies in the lastÂ4 years, and each time, the new HR department morphed

our existing job titles into the job descriptions they had on file, and then did a compensation comparison.

In companies that only had one tech writer position and we needed more, I've seen HR use the SW engineer descriptions as a model and edit them for writing.

eg, sw eng / tech writer = individual contributor, one-person-sized work.

Senior sw eng / tech writer =Â coordinates others, group-sized work, plus the work of an individual.

Staff sw eng / tech writer = Coordinates groups of groups, shepherds policy and process, plus the work of a group and an individual.

Connie