ZapfDingbats and FM8 to FM7

Subject: ZapfDingbats and FM8 to FM7
From: Andrea Koenemann <a -dot- koenemann -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 07:41:47 +0200

Hey everyone,

I've been having some strange font compatability problems. I work with a
colleague and client who have Frame Maker 7 whereas I have Frame Maker 8. We
both have the font ZapfDingbats, however, his is listed as ZapfDingbats and
mine is listed as ZapfDingbats BT. Strangely enough this font was installed
from the same font file. (.TTF) Any ideas why this font is not recognized
between our versions of Frame Maker, or even Windows? (We both have XP Pro.)
It'd be nice to just be able to save to the 7 version of a file without
having to then go to my colleagues computer, reset the font in the font
catalog, and then send it to the client. (And vice-versa when I get the
final file back.)

Any ideas would be really great.

Thanks,

Andrea

P.S. A possible solution would be to tell Frame Maker to always replace that
font with ZapfDingbats BT/ZapfDingbats but it always uses AdobePi or Times,
is there any way to change which font it chooses on opening the file?

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -