Re: Grammar question - is vs are

Subject: Re: Grammar question - is vs are
From: 'Technical Writing Plus' <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: Tekwrl <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:56:06 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

My vote is for are as well. You could make it stronger by saying 'are all'.

'Make sure that pop-ups, javascript, and Flash are all enabled for your Firefox browser.' is probably ok.

Or you could have "Your Firefox browser must be set so that pop-ups, javascript, and Flash are all enabled.'

Jim Jones

Chinese, German, Spanish to English

Mandarin Tutoring and Coaching (Remote)

chineseadjuster.webs.com

Editing, Technical Editing, and Illustration

Sr Member STC | stc-chicago-jim.blogspot.com