Question about parallelism in lists

Subject: Question about parallelism in lists
From: Joe Weinmunson <litlfrog -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:18:07 -0400

This is a question about writing standards and readability, not any
technical issue. I'm documenting some software screens. Here's a copy
of the current file:
http://roleplayhistory.com/trashflow/Rates.html

I'm using an unnumbered list to explain the fields on this tab. This
screen is more important than most in the program, so I'm going into
detail about what they do. I know that when explaining fields like
this it's normal to use parallel construction in the explanation:
"This field does X", "This field does Y", etc. Trying to use those
conventions to explain the functions on this screen just seemed
forced, though. Does anyone care to offer an opinion as to whether
it's worthwhile to try and find a way to explain these fields in a
more standardized way, especially if the way it's currently written is
confusing? Thanks.

--
Joe Weinmunson

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or
believe to be beautiful.
--William Morris

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -