Re: Technical Writer Certification

Subject: Re: Technical Writer Certification
From: Arnold Burian <arnoldburian -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 07:01:48 -0500

Brian-

As other people have indicated, technical writers do not have a
certification in the sense that project managers have PMI. But like any
other field, it's good to show education and experience on your resume
relevant to the position you are seeking. Having a technical writing
degree/certificate of some sort can be a unique differentiator in a pile of
resumes. It's up to you how far you want to take it. (With your background
in education, check if any local schools offer a graduate program in
technical writing.)

Best of luck.

Arnold Burian
www.unconditionaltext.com