Re: Technical Writer Certification

Subject: Re: Technical Writer Certification
From: cjcbrown -at- comcast -dot- net
To: john -at- garisons -dot- com
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:25:09 +0000 (UTC)

After thinking on this a bit - I would spend that education investment first on subject matter for the industry you may specialize in, and second priority would be tech communication theory and practice.

I have post-graduate coursework in tech communication and software engineering, and by far the most impact on my

productivity and salary has been my being a "near peer" in subject matter education with my subject matter experts.

Maybe that's only for software - but I have heard similar things from medical tech writers and mechanical engineering ones too.

Connie