Re:Indexes for online use

Subject: Re:Indexes for online use
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, "M. Maler" <mmaler -at- videotron -dot- ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:36:03 +0300

Mary,

I'm a huge fan of a good index--and I find far too few of them, unfortunately.

To some extent, you're asking the wrong list--although there are most
definitely many on this list with an interest in indexing, there are
many lists directed specifically at that topic.

For example, I daresay you'd get the precise information you're after
at <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/web-indexing>

There's a good list of indexing discussion groups at
<http://www.asindexing.org/site/discgrps.shtml>

Although I'm still a member of INDEX-L, I confess I don't read it very
often these days. In addition to the indexes I created for various
tech docs, at one time I seriously considered becoming an indexer as a
full-time occupation.

Interestingly enough, there is a correspondence course that has been
well regarded through an extension program offered by the U.S.
Department of Agriculture--which I always found quite strange,
actually.

David

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com