Re: Equipment illustrations; was: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: Equipment illustrations; was: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 05:59:40 -0700

This is closer to what I had in mind when I mentioned photographs. Unless you
have the time, skill and resources for special lighting and background set-ups,
photos usually require so much post-processing to remove superfluous and
distracting items that it is often easier and faster to create line art of the
components you need to illustrate, especially if you have access to 3D CAD
models of products under development. Line art is also easier to update if
designs change before development is complete. But taking photos during dry
runs helps the process of deciding which steps need illustrations and what those
illustrations should show.

Gene Kim-Eng