Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 16:31:05 -0700

I've been hesitant to join this thread because I am so NOT-overqualified.
I'm more sideways-qualified. There are more efficient, experienced, and
educated writers and information managers out there. I just happen to have
found a niche where I can get involved in everything from application and
interface design to process improvements.

However, when it became evident I had to leave my clerical job of over 10
years, I interviewed for everything in my realm of interest, looking for a
way out. One interview looked especially promising, but I didn't get the
job. When I ran into one of the interviewers in a completely different
context, he explained that their new hire was working out well, but that
they might want to employ my more experienced skills on a short-term
contract basis to help them out.

When I was rejected from the job, I thought it was because I wasn't
experienced enough. Turns out they felt I would cost too much. Strange.

Now I'm wondering what I have to do to be able to cost (and collect) even
more! ;-D

Cheers,

--
Tony Chung: Creative Communications