Re: Top 10 mistakes unstructured FrameMaker Users make incontentbeforetranslation

Subject: Re: Top 10 mistakes unstructured FrameMaker Users make incontentbeforetranslation
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:07:38 -0700

If I'm sending a Word doc out to people who shouldn't be messing around with the
formatting, I use document protection to restrict formatting and style
modification. When the recipients open the file all the formatting commands are
greyed out, they can't modify any of the styles in the doc and are only allowed
to edit text and change it from one mod-locked style to another.

I've never had to worry about this with FM. In the past, the fact that nobody
outside the doc team even had the app and PDFs were the default "touch my doc"
format was always enough.

Gene Kim-Eng