Re: Starting over: was re:How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: Starting over: was re:How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: Ed <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:39:20 -0400

I know the feeling. I have a full-time relationship with mother
mega-corp, but there was no negotiating as a contractor. When the
full-time offer came, it was take it or leave it. After five years I
am working at the same rate I earned in 1994 as an independent
contractor. You just have to acknowledge these things and build your
resume, along with establishing a solid network of fellow writers and
docs people.

In your case, I would have said to go back with the initial offer.
Easy for me to say, but I remember what it feels like, and can't say
you did the wrong thing.

Ed

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com