Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Christine Leisgen <Christine -dot- Leisgen -at- gmgcolor -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:52:18 -0400

Without getting into too much detail, you need to align with the
strategic goals of the company. You know those boring old mission
statements? They are actually used by the mucky-mucks to measure and
direct company successes. You need to whittle the 10-mile-high
rhetoric down to something tangible, and then create measurable goals
around it.

Yeah, I know... "yawn"... "It never works"... "you've been breathing
the thin air and drinking the top floor Kool Aid again"...

Just saying, it works. You need to measure success not by your own
standards, but by the company's. They may conflict, they may align,
but that's not up for discussion. If you work for a company, success
is defined by the company, and anything else that jives with you is
gravy (and I love gravy).

I'm sorry that I cannot get into too much detail. I have my own
strategic goals, and giving the farm away for free isn't on that list.
I can recommend that you start with "Managing Your Documentation
Projects" by Hackos to get a feel for some of the metrics available to
you <http://www.comtech-serv.com/managing.shtml>. Other than that...
Well, per list rules I'm not allowed to say anything more than "look
at my sig".

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com