Re: What do you call something?

Subject: Re: What do you call something?
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:19:32 -0700

On 3/18/2010 10:01 PM, Jay Maechtlen wrote:
> Um. Unless you can guarantee that the interface/display will always be
> in color and will never be presented to the color impaired...
> ... you better distinguish them by something more than color...

What color is a person who is "color impaired"?

Ooo, look, it's Friday...

Although, I do agree about the red and green options, since those may
look like beige and tan options to one who is color blind or has some
other form of color vision deficiency. I have worked with many people
who require high contrast colors in documentation and video displays.
Shapes and icons may also indicate various types of functions. Maybe
you could use an icon that is a granny waving her finger "no" for a
warning and a little baby icon for "yes." <sorry>

Lauren

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com