AW: Collaborative authoring, production, and CMS?

Subject: AW: Collaborative authoring, production, and CMS?
From: "Christine Leisgen" <Christine -dot- Leisgen -at- gmgcolor -dot- com>
To: "Sally Derrick" <sjd1201 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Mike Stockman" <mstockman -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:10:15 +0100

Dear Mike, dear Sally,

I am assuming that your developers already use a Source Control? If the one they are using is supported by Madcap Flare, I would recommend the combination Flare + Source Control for collaborative authoring.

We are doing this with a team of 3 persons and Microsoft Team Foundation Server as Source Control. You have all the benefits of the source control (locking, versioning, back up, comparing, merging, history...). You can use the Annotation feature. Maybe the Review feature would also be useful, but I have no experience with that.

As Sally already mentioned, collecting content in so-called TOCs and Targets is very flexible and you can output to PDF or Word (and other formats).

(I am not using DITA in the moment and I don't think this would be required for your needs.)

Best regards, Christine

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com