RE: RE: [OT] Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: RE: RE: [OT] Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com, techwr -at- genek -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:39:02 +0000

Demand will increase as the economy recovers. I'm already seeing an upswing in job postings and recruiter calls asking me if I'm available or know somebody who is. Whether it will be enough to employ everyone qualified who wants a TW job, unknown, but it will definitely not be enough to employ the many "writers" of questionable qualification who flooded the field during the dotcom.

The US digital TV switchover probably didn't produce any new writer positions (I didn't really see all that much information being disseminated beyond those ominous TV commercials urging people to get their converters to avoid going dark). It may have provided some OT for someone already at the FCC.

Gene Kim-Eng