Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:16:22 -0400

> I tried that on a resume, only to have the recruiter ask me to rewrite
> it in a more traditional manner for submission to the client.
> They only want what they are used to.

Which is why for the most part I avoid using them. I'm starting to
reconsider, but I still won't use one who will just blindly submit me
based on buzzwords. Those are not recruiters, but peg drivers. I seem
to remember real recruiters taking the time to get to know you and
what you want to be doing, and then work to find those opportunities
for you. Now they just run canned scripts that slam indeed.com and
submit resumes to all results.

> On the other hand, most hiring managers seem to want someone who has had
> 10 years experience in their company in the particular job they are
> trying to fill, and they usually want to pay entry level wages.

I've never heard "overqualified" more than I have in the past 15 months.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.

STC Ideas: http://stcideas.ning.com
Join: http://stcideas.ning.com/?xgi=6X1vNGI

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com