RE: Word Hyperlinks not Working in PDF

Subject: RE: Word Hyperlinks not Working in PDF
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <phanson -at- quintrex -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:05:09 -0500

What version of Word? What version of Acrobat (if you are using Acrobat)?

And what method are you using to create the PDF? With Word 2007 and Acrobat Pro 9.0 on my system, I can initiate generation of a PDF in any of 5 or 6 different ways, and these various commands use at least three different mechanisms, not all of which preserve hyperlinks.

And just to complicate things further, the Acrobat viewer/editor tool and Adobe Reader both have the capability to infer hyperlinks from certain text strings (e.g. URLs and some e-mail addresses) even if those strings are not coded as hyperlinks in the PDF file, so some of the hyperlinks you are used to seeing in your PDFs may not actually be present in the files themselves.
-Fred Ridder

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com