RE: Hyperlinks in PDF -- should they be visible or not?

Subject: RE: Hyperlinks in PDF -- should they be visible or not?
From: "Jessica Weissman" <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
To: "voxwoman" <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Viv Crawford" <viv_crawford -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:28:12 -0500

For our API documentation, I create two different PDFs, one optimized
for screen viewing (with hyperlinks and page images on the side and all
that) and one optimized for the screen, with no visible hyperlinks and
an index. The PDFs are named to indicate their use.

Help & Manual has both forms of PDF output available easily, as well as
several varieties of electronic book output that I also create.

Our in-house developers tend to use the electronic book, new customers
tend to use the screen-optimized PDF, and the sales guys tend to hand
out excerpts of the print-optimized version to prospective customers.

- Jessica

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com