Re: What is the term for halfway between...

Subject: Re: What is the term for halfway between...
From: Char James-Tanny <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:47:43 -0500

> I am trying to find a simple way to refer to the location exactly center of
> an area, looking below:
>
> ------------------------------- outside defining edge of solid area
>
> ===================== this is the center of the solid area (or plane, or
> whatever)
>
> -------------------------------- outside defining edge of solid area

In this instance, it looks like a median to me (my first choice was
"midline", but that seems to apply only to bodies, while "median" is
"a central line or axis").

Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~ http://www.helpstuff.com
Please send follow-up questions to the list. (Inquiries sent off-list
may not be seen.)
Contact me directly (CharJT at helpstuff dot com) with business inquiries.
Microsoft Help MVP since 2002
Find a Help Authoring Tool at HAT-Matrix.com ~ http://hat-matrix.com
Co-author of "Managing Virtual Teams" ~ http://www.wordware.com/wiki
AuthorIT Certified Consultant, Development, and Training
STC Secretary, 2006-2010
Web site Hosting and Design ~ http://www.jtfhosting.com

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. True single- sourcing --
generate 8 different formats and as many different versions as you need
from just one project. Fast and intuitive. http://www.helpandmanual.com/