RE: Redneck step of the day...

Subject: RE: Redneck step of the day...
From: "Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHDB" <Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>
To: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>, "Nancy Allison" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:10:46 -0500

>> Search thine hear and see if thou art with me.<<

"Make up yo mine boy, are ya fixin' to go wif'me er ya stayin'
put?
Dad'gummit, I think I need more sweet tea.

>>"y'all" may be a recent Americanism........it might possibly also go
back to something like "Ye all."<<

This supports my theory that southern English is just
18th-century English without the frilly underwear.

Seriously, I'd love it if a second-person plural pronoun such as y'all
or youse (sans stigma) could be adopted into technical publications.
There are instances when the use of one would be very economical for a
host of reasons, especially in regards to steps (Redneck or otherwise).
I think the word y'all is perfect but.....

-Darren
'and all this'here Slurvian English is drivin' my spell checker nuts, I
gotta stop!