Re: Need help with Acrobat Distiller problem

Subject: Re: Need help with Acrobat Distiller problem
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:27:59 -0600

On your setup for that file to print, ensure that you do NOT have
checked PDF/X compatibility. Check your distiller settings and the print
settings for the particular file.

Windows sometimes will hiccup and you will find that setting turned on.

Scott

On 12/10/09 9:23 AM, Marguerite Krupp wrote:
> Running Frame 7.1, Acrobat Distiller 8.0 on a Win XP, SP2 laptop, without admin privileges.
>
> I'm appealing to the list for help on this problem, as I can't find anything in the online help about it. Here's the description:
>
> In FrameMaker, I set the printer to "Adobe PDF," then did a "Print to File" with both Print to File and "Generate Acrobat Data" selected.
>
> In Distiller, I'm using Standard default settings with Acrobat 5.0 compatibility (also standard). Acrobat Distiller aborts the job with the following Acrobat Distiller error messages:
>
> /CheckCompliance out of range
> Error in PDFX 2007.joboptions
>
> Could not open the file> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings\PDFX4 2007 job options
>

> It appears that the .tps file was never created.
>
> When I try to look at the referenced file, I can't find anything in the path beyond "All Users" on my C drive.
>
> One of the possible default Adobe PDF Settings in the Default Settings dropdown menu is "PDF/X-4:2007", but I've never used that.
>
> I've made pdfs successfully many times using the standard setup, most recently just yesterday. I've also seen this error before, and it eventually went away after much sweat and worry, but I can't recall exactly what fixed it.
>
> Attempting to do a "Save as PDF" from Frame doesn't work, either, but I expected that would run into the same problem, so I'm not surprised.
>
> What do I need to do to get it to make a pdf for me?
>
> Thanks,
> Marguerite

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. True single- sourcing --
generate 8 different formats and as many different versions as you need
from just one project. Fast and intuitive. http://www.helpandmanual.com/