RE: word of the day

Subject: RE: word of the day
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Ed <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:24:29 -0500

> From: Ed [mailto:glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com] said:
[...]
> The pejorative Windoze term is pretty old hat, too. I would define the
> question without going there.

At the time of writing, my main office machine, a well-endowed DELL T5400 running ... Windows... XP Pro x64 had just recently presented me with the blue screen of death, while in the middle of some intense editing in MadCap Flare.

I can't say that I've never had a crash with my Linux machines - I have - but I've yet to have a total "I'm dying now, I mean already dead, with no warning" from my Mac.

At work, I have to reboot every couple of days because Windows and its programs seem to leak, and 4GB eventually becomes not enough. At home, the Mac and the Linux boxes could stay up for months, keeping themselves clean.

Maybe Windows 7 will be the salvation. Our company, like so many, just refused to ever get involved with Vista. At home, I got the most basic Vista as my Bootcamp partition when I bought the Mac (my first-ever exposure to Vista). It turned out to be not worth the drive space.

- K

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. True single- sourcing --
generate 8 different formats and as many different versions as you need
from just one project. Fast and intuitive. http://www.helpandmanual.com/