RE: The State of DITA; was, I'm now blogging about Agile & TW

Subject: RE: The State of DITA; was, I'm now blogging about Agile & TW
From: "Richard L Hamilton" <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L Writing'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:02:15 -0700

I have two indirect data points about DITA's popularity.

1) I use Google adwords for my company's books, and the response for
"DITA Specialization," the adwords for a book of the same title, has
been at least five times larger than for any other title.

2) The DITA technical committee has a very long list of participants.
While some are inactive, a significant number attend the meetings and
participate.

XML Press will publish at least two books over the next year authored in
DITA, but we haven't hit the production stage with either, so I'll leave
comments about actual experience to others (I still prefer DocBook for
my own:-).

Richard Hamilton
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators