Re: Doc Design and Convention - to address Gene's take on this

Subject: Re: Doc Design and Convention - to address Gene's take on this
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:36:57 -0800

Actually, I prefer to ask these questions about the product at development
kick-off, and use the answers to develop the document plan and defne the
document set. If I don't ask until I'm starting to think about specific
documents, I've missed several large steps in my preferred process.

If nobody can answer the questions at the earliest stages of development, I know
I'm not going to have a pleasant experience.

I'm glad to hear your thought process produces documents that work. You must
not have written any of the ones on my "shelf of shame." :)

Gene Kim-Eng