Re: screencasts tool preference

Subject: Re: screencasts tool preference
From: Robert Courtney <bobsc1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- TECHWR-L -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:18:39 -0800

I have always done things different. I use the good old Windows Print
Screen button. Alt + Print Screen captures the active window. Then I use
Windows paint to capture the screen from the clip board and save it as
bmp file. Then I modify the screen dump using my favorite image tool. I
like Corel applications. They also have a screen capture program to
capture portions of the image. Usually Print Screen works for me.

You can skip the Paint program if you have a favorite tool to modify the
image. Like I said above, i use Corel.

I use Corel paint to crop and modify the image. Then I use Corel Draw to
pull the image in and make pointers and text for the objects in the
image. Then I save it to my favorite format. Usually jpg. But, you can
use png, gif, etc. Just be consistent with your saved image type. I use
gif when I need to do transparent backgrounds. Usually I don't need to
unless I have a background that I need to have show up behind the image.

I know that sounds a bit complicated. I have control over the image and
can then manipulate it.

Robert Courtney
Technical Writer
PDSI â Principal Decision Systems International
O: (800) 850-7374 ext 1283
F: (714) 703-3000
E: robertcourtney -at- pdsi-software -dot- com
www.pdsi-software.com

http://www.doctohelp.com/