Re: Doc Design and Convention ( was TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 48, Issue 27)

Subject: Re: Doc Design and Convention ( was TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 48, Issue 27)
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:36:08 -0800

By focusing narrowly on technical concerns you're excluding the
specific business contexts in which the tool will be used and thus
perhaps industry-specific warnings and tips that could be helpful to
users.

Whether that matters probably depends on how varied the product's uses
are in practice.

Also, a good technical writer should think like a marketer to the
extent that the docs may be used as presales tools.

http://www.doctohelp.com/