RE: Report On "Work From Home" Offers

Subject: RE: Report On "Work From Home" Offers
From: "Technical Writing Plus" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:20:26 -0600

Gordon, 'Telecommuting', certainly, can be a 'work from home' kind of deal
but it is much more than the 'work from home' offers that one sees
advertised in the back of magaines.

I do the significant kind of telecommuting and many other people do this as
well. It is not something to be taken lightly--and there is a perception
that exists that says that it is not a good idea for companies. I beg to
differ.

It simply is not the kind of engagement that is for everyone-you have to be
independent, you have to be able to motivate yourself and complete work when
no one is looking over your shoulder...it is not going to be a good deal for
everyone all of the time. And if it is someone who needs to have manager and
company nearby at all times, well, perhaps that person should not even
consider this type of employment.

Now I think that you were alluding to the work-at-home kind of thing that is
advertised in the backs of magazines (for example, stuffing envelopes or
assembling things-perhaps this idea comes to me from the term 'cottage
industry').

Jim Jones Sr Member, STC chineseadjuster.webs.com
stc-chicago-jim.blogspot.com