Re: Click X, or click the X button?

Subject: Re: Click X, or click the X button?
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp128 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Chris Despopoulos <despopoulos_chriss -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:07:18 -0700 (PDT)

Right on, Chris!

My only quibble is with your statement that you should share all this info with your customers. I think a certain amount of discretion/filtering is required, because as an "insider," you know more detail than your users need to know. In the classic phrase, if I want to know what time it is, I don't usually want to know how to build a watch. We get paid for knowing what users need and providing it.

One of the gotchas with Agile is that often the product evolves, rather than being designed, so it's virtually impossible to know all you need to know to write the docs when you start writing them. That's why the communication part and the focus on the user stories are so crucial. Further, they build one feature at a time, which also affects what/how you write.

Now I've gotta get back to actually doing it! <G>

Marguerite