Re: PageMaker to InDesign conversion

Subject: Re: PageMaker to InDesign conversion
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com>
To: virginialsmith -at- gmail -dot- com
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:33:25 -0700

Virginia -

I didn't see any answers to your problem. So I'm going to give it a try.

I haven't tried this for years. But even then there were some
incompatibilities. I still use PageMaker 6.5 and haven't tried InDesign
since its first or second version, which even Adobe admits were bad.

I'm not sure what your problem is. Are you saying that all left-hand
pages are right-hand pages, and vice versa, but they are in the correct
order? If this is the case, you might add a blank page or three at the
beginning to make things "right."

If the pages are in jumbled order, the only fix I can suggest is to open
up a new document and repaste the pages in their correct order.

If your PM document starts on a left-hand page, your problem may be that
ID will only start a document on a right-page. In which case, adding a
blank page at the beginning will solve your problem.

Here is another idea -- assuming that all pages are in the correct order.
Before you take your document into ID, remove it from facing pages in PM
and bring it into ID as all right-hand pages and make it facing pages in
ID.

That's all I can think of.

Hope one of these suggestions helps.

Happiness, joy & laughter

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Writer / Typesetter - Excellence by Design
since 1972
Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs., portraits (people & pets) from
photos
Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business Forms, Manuscripts,
Transcription, etc.
email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com & @earthlink.net, SendOutCards
Rendering & Logo Samples: http://www.foremangraphics.com - 626 794 9620

ps: I'm in Southern California and will be in my office -- or least
that's the plan -- from about 3:30 to 5 if you need to call and discuss
the problem. 626-794-9620
jf

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:54:44 -0400 Virginia Smith
<virginialsmith -at- gmail -dot- com> writes:
> Hi all -
> I'm trying to convert a PageMaker 7.0 document to InDesign.
>
> When I open the doc in InDesign, the pages are reversed. That is,
> the
> left-hand pages become right-hand pages, and vice versa. So page 2
> shows up
> as page 1, page 1 as page 2.
>
> Help!
>
> Virginia Smith
Obama Raises Pell Grants
Get Your Degree with Government Grants and Scholarships!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=K0HRkDqL7jhcCN7YAffHtQAAJ1AF8-sN2rJaw4gc-Vj798ORAAQAAAAFAAAAABMPMj4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABI2RwAAAAA=

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.