Alternative Help method suggestions

Subject: Alternative Help method suggestions
From: Robert Courtney <bobsc1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- TECHWR-L -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:11:58 -0700

Hi all,

I am looking at alternative help development methods not tied to any one
particular company and that can give quick access to users. One
alternative suggestion is using wiki document control and generation of
help files online. I am not sure if anyone is familiar with this
process. I could use any information on this idea. Pros/Cons, other methods.

This will drive our help files and documentation for the future.

Thanks,

--
Robert Courtney
Technical Writer