RE: Reverse-engineering fun: linked PDFs

Subject: RE: Reverse-engineering fun: linked PDFs
From: "Chinell, David F (GE EntSol, Security)" <David -dot- Chinell -at- GE -dot- com>
To: "Sarah Blake" <Sarah -dot- Blake -at- microfocus -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:33:04 -0400

Sarah:

That sounds pretty much like the format we use for some of our support
libraries. (i.e. PDFs of all the product information for a given large
product on a CD).

We create a "Home" page that has some instructions on using the library,
plus the top-level list of contents in the form of manually-compiled
bookmarks.

Each component comes with it's own list of bookmarks, to which we just
add the "Home" bookmark that links back to the Home page.

We also create a collection index for searches across the entire
"library" of PDFs.

So the answer is that the top-level page may have been created manually.

Bear