Re: Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro - Activation

Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro - Activation
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 07:21:11 -0400

I haven't had this particular problem (not in a while, anyway). It seems to
be linked to the last Adobe product you installed on your computer. I
learned the hard way that you really must deactivate any Adobe software
(with that capability) prior to removing it, otherwise you'll "lose your
license" - I had several long conversations with Adobe tech support about
deactivation/reactivation when I lost a motherboard and was unable to
deactivate anything.

ISTR that Acrobat likes to be the last (Adobe software) thing installed, so
if you are installing other Adobe products, you need to uninstall/reinstall
Acrobat again when you are finished. This is how things worked years ago,
and the uninstall/reinstall seems to fix these annoyances when they crop up
occasionally.

-Wendy