Re: client refuses content responsibility - Follow-up

Subject: Re: client refuses content responsibility - Follow-up
From: David Farbey <dfarbey -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:25:36 -0400

Will,

That doesn't mean that they are accepting content responsibility at all, it
means that they may choose not to pay you if they don't like your work.

Either they don't get the idea of content responsibility, or they
deliberately want to pass responsibility wholly or partly on to you.

In either case, I would walk away.

David

2009/10/6 Will Husa <will -dot- husa -at- 4techwriter -dot- com>

> I would like to thank all of you who responded privately and publicly.
>
> The CEO added this line to the contract:
> "The User Guide is subject to the review and approval by <company>."
>
> Well, it's an improvement.
>
> Be seeing you,
>
> Will

> Will Husa
> Technical Writer
> Your source for user-friendly documentation
> Phone: 708-927-3569
> Fax: 630-668-9283
> www.4techwriter.com
>

> --
> David Farbey - david -at- farbey -dot- co -dot- uk
> Mobile 07879 005 946
> Messages 0844 561 0742 (UK callers only)
> Web site/Blog <http://www.farbey.co.uk>
> Twitter <http://twitter.com/dfarb>
> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/informationdesign>

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.