Tech Scout Tip of the Week:

Subject: Tech Scout Tip of the Week:
From: "Eileen Karpel" <eileen -at- techscout -dot- co -dot- il>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, <techshot -at- yahoogroups -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 14:26:07 +0200

Tech Scout Tip of the Week:

Tech Scout is part of the industry and wants all "writers" to succeed! We
are launching our Weekly Tips to Techshoret members. They will also be
posted on our website for reference and referral.

Our first tip!

Beware of unscrupulous Recruitment Companies!!

It has come to our attention that certain unscrupulous recruitment companies
are sending out candidate resumes to all and sundry WITHOUT the candidate's
permission! This is bad enough in good times when lots of jobs are
available, but when jobs are short this can be very detrimental to the
candidate!

Resumes should be treated with respect and discretion. Tech Scout
understands the resume is a personal document and reflects your personality
and work history. It is your right to know to what company, for what
position and at what time your resume is being submitted. It is your choice
to decide where to submit your resume!

Do not let recruiters just send your resume willy nilly. Your reputation is
at stake and you are the person who may suffer. Remember multiple copies of
your resume landing on the same desk from different people and companies is
not professional, but smacks of desperation.

Remember whichever company submits your resume first will be the one to
receive the "placement fee". So some companies submit the resume immediately
for all sorts of jobs just to claim "credit" for the candidate. To keep
them, these companies sometimes resubmit old resumes or do it every 6 months
or a year to BLOCK other companies you may be working with. Such resume
distribution can result in companies thinking you are always looking, you
cannot keep a job or you don't even know where your resume is being sent.
Sometimes (and we are aware of actual cases) a resume can land on the
current employer's desk! This will be embarrassing for you not the
recruitment company.

Demand to know in advance where your resume is being submitted! We at Tech
Scout ALWAYS discuss with the candidate the where, what and when of resume
submission before sending them out. We show our candidates the respect they
are due and NEVER submit a resume without a candidate's prior permission to
do so. We call you each time we want to submit your resume to confirm your
agreement even when it is being resubmitted somewhere.

Remember your name is on the line, your professional reputation is at stake
and your rights are paramount! Your resume, your personal possession, your
choice.

Use whoever you want to recruit for you and remember Tech Scout is here to
serve you with integrity, commitment and discretion at all times. Till next
week!

Eileen Karpel

CEO, Tech Scout Ltd.

Please note that any disclosure, copying or distribution of the content of
this information is strictly forbidden. If you have received this email
message in error please notify its sender and then delete it from your
files.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.