RE: FrameMaker: Adding Header Row to Imported Table

Subject: RE: FrameMaker: Adding Header Row to Imported Table
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, "Keith Hansen" <KRH -at- weiland-wfg -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:01:34 -0600

Monique Semp wrote:

> A few options here:
>
> * Select the desired row, and from the FrameMaker menus, choose Table
>
> Convert Selected Rows > Body to Heading Rows.
<snip>
> * Use the nifty TableCleaner plugin,
> http://www.frameexpert.com/plugins/tablecleaner/, to deal with all
kinds of
> formatting for table conversions. I didn't find it exactly intuitive,
but
> when I read the directions, they were right :-).

That's not a native FM command, it's from TableCleaner. Which is nifty
indeed! If you have more than a handful of Word tables to convert, it
will pay for itself almost immediately just on the Word conversions. But
it's handy for all kinds of table-related work, letting you apply global
changes of various kinds to all tables, all tables of specified formats,
specific columns of those tables, etc. Highly recommended.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.