Re: Formatting issues when saving to html

Subject: Re: Formatting issues when saving to html
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Missy Smith <techpubsmistress -at- live -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:48:49 -0400

The CSS code is either embedded in the HTML page in the header section, or a
link to the CSS file is in the header. So if you open the HTML file you can
find the CSS file and see what's going on in there if you wanted (or have
one of your web people do it).

I don't know how Frame 9 generates its HTML code, so someone else will have
to help you with those settings.

You need to look in the HTML for the paragraphs that aren't formatting the
way you want and see if there are any "class" or "id" attributes in the HTML
paragraph tag. If there are, there will be a CSS definition for that class
or id in the CSS file. If not, you will have to look for how the paragraphs
are defined in the CSS. If they aren't defined, you are using the default
browser settings for those paragraphs. If you decide you need to change the
CSS file, save it somewhere else, because I suspect it gets overwritten
every time you generate HTML.

Do you have just Frame 9, or has your employer purchased Adobe Technical
Communication Suite 2.0? If the latter, you also have RoboHelp, which may
perform better HTML conversions than simply saving Frame files to HTML.

Webworks was/is an HTML processor that worked off the MIF files, and
required a *lot* of work setting up the conversion template. But once that
was done, things converted very easily. The person doing the template needed
to be pretty knowledgeable in HTML and CSS.

Good luck,
Wendy