RE: List of Tables in Word?

Subject: RE: List of Tables in Word?
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:00:36 -0400

Kat asked:

> This has probably been discussed so a simple answer is enough for me! Is it possible to create a List of Tables in Word 2007?
>

> I have searched the web to no avail...

The short answer is "Yes, of course." But I expect you're really looking for details on how to do it.

Display the Reference ribbon and mouse over the top item in the Captions section, "Insert Table of Figures". The explanation of the command will tell you that "A Table of Figures includes a list of all the figures, tables, or equations in the document." If you click the command, you'll find that the dialog lets you set up the "Table of Figures" exactly as the description says.

-Fred Ridder

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.