Re: Writing procedures

Subject: Re: Writing procedures
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:28:14 -0500

When we document a procedure we may not use all of the controls presented in
a given dialog box. Use the appropriate warnings and notes that are
applicable to the specific dialog box controls you reference in the
procedure.

If you've already described the controls on a given dialog box, there's
usually no need to describe them again in the context of a procedure unless
there are specific "gotchas" related to individual controls. However, a
link/cross-reference to the reference material for the dialog box is
useful/appropriate.
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Website developer