Minimalism since 2000

Subject: Minimalism since 2000
From: "Janoff, Steve" <Steve -dot- Janoff2 -at- Teradata -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:12:26 -0400

Hi,

Newbie to the list, apologies if I'm violating posting principles or
this has been asked before (I'm guessing it has). :/ Search of the site
doesn't bring up much.

I'm currently researching Minimalism, am reading the books by John M.
Carroll ("The Nurnberg Funnel" and "Minimalism Beyond the Nurnberg
Funnel"), and subsequent research sort of has everything coming to a
grinding halt around 1999-ish.

Have there been any really important articles or works on this topic
from 2000 on? If so, I'm missing them.

Appreciate any pointers or insights into the best place(s) to look for
information on this.

The two journals I'm considering reviewing for this info (will need to
find them at a local univ. library) are "Technical Communication" (STC)
and "IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication." Are there
additional sources I should be looking into? (I've seen one or two
others that have the odd such article, such as one by ACM on
Professional Communication, and then a journal on teaching Tech
Writing.)

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,

Steve J.