RE: FrameMaker to RoboHelp Conversions

Subject: RE: FrameMaker to RoboHelp Conversions
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Robert Lauriston" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:18:28 -0600

Robert Lauriston wrote:

> MIF2Go costs less ($295), works better, and has better and cheaper
> support.
>
> http://www.omsys.com/dcl/omni.htm
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Karen Field
Carroll<kfcarroll -at- cox -dot- net>
> wrote:
> > Yikes! Hm, now scheming to figure out how to get boss-girl to spring
> for
> > true Webworks...sigh.

I agree. But I think all the comments about WebWorks and Mif2Go are
overlooking something and possibly leading Karen astray. She already has
RoboHelp.

Karen, it's not at all clear from your original post what the problem
really is. And we don't know what versions of FM and RH you have. But
it's likely that you can overcome the problem with the tool you have.

>From what I've read, it seems that with pre-suite and non-suite versions
of the two programs, there may be some tweaking in RH necessary after
import, but it shouldn't require large-scale reformatting (unless you
don't consistently use paragraph and character formats).

There are most likely people on this list who've used a pre-suite
FM-to-RH workflow (there definitely are on the FrameUsers list). If you
provide more information about your software, the process you use, and
the nature of the problem, someone may be able to help you fix the
problem with the tools you have.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer